Common Eye Disorders

Here is a brief description of the more common conditions and ocular disorders which may be found at a routine eye examination. Your Optometrist will be able to treat most of the conditions with spectacles or contact lenses but others may require the attention of a doctor. If the condition does need medical attention your optometrist will refer you either to your General Practitioner or sometimes, directly to an Opthalmologist at the Hospital Eye Clinic.

More assistance on a wide range of FAQs can be found by following this link to NHS Choices website at

If you have any concern about your eyes or your vision we strongly advise you to speak to your Optometrist or Doctor as soon as possible. Delays may be damaging to your sight.